[Spridgets] Engine removal w/tranny

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue May 5 13:32:56 MDT 2009

I attach a three foot piece of stout chain to the rear manifold stud and to
the alternator mounting ear of the water pump.
I lay the chain into the hook of the cable winch so that the hook is just
about over the #2 cylinder.  I'm able to pull the engine/tranny/driveshaft
alone easily, and able to replace the whole thing alone without too much
grunting.  I steady the engine/tranny with the left hand, and tug the car
forward a bit at a time, pausing to lower the engine a few clicks each time
until its in.

Glen