[Spridgets] 1275 pressure plate question

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Sat May 2 07:20:53 MDT 2009

Good Morning!

I got motivated to see what was making all that rattling racket from the
transmission. The noise silences with just the slightest pressure on the
clutch pedal So I pulled the motor and found that the hub in the center
of the diaphragm springs (where the throwout bearing presses on) was
loose and could rattle around. I made the brash assumption that this was
the cause of the noise...

Can someone confirm that this hub should NOT be loose like that?

Seems like it could have been damaged by perhaps too much pushrod travel ?

--

Marc