[Spridgets] Check out this pic of the internal door handles on my Bugeye

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:29:34 MST 2009

List,

Check out this door handle treatment that came with my car.

Pic showing unusual door handle treatment.  The previous owner did this.  I
guess he was bent on having inside door handles from a 1940's Chevy, or
something like that.

I thought it might be interesting to show the group.  The handles have
worked, no problems.

The previous owner was also a very tall guy - so he might have felt the need
to do this so that he could more easily get out of the car.  I heard that he
was so tall that his entire head would completely come above the
windshield.  He unfortunately passed away. . . I bought the car for 4,400
dollars from his brother in law, estate sale.  No rust except for the door
posts, typical at the bottom.  Floors were also still in good shape.
Rebuilt 1275 that has served me well.  New top that was never installed.
Very nice example for the money (at least I thought it was a decent deal).

The brother in law who handled the sale is from England.  He has restored a
number of LBC's as well as a London Taxi cab.  So it appears that he knew
what he was doing when he rebuilt the engine.

Sadly, the owner came down with a brain tumor and passed away with cancer,
was never able to enjoy the efforts of the rebuilt 1275.

The guy from England and I struck up a friendship.  He flys a Mustang II
experimental plane.  He is in the air it seems nearly every day.  He comes
up to Vacaville and takes me up once in a while, given that the air is cool
enough to get lift with both of us in his very small airplane!

You might have to cut and paste it. . . .

*http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/75LesPaul/IMG_1877.jpg*

Kirk
59BE driven everyday in Nor Cal.

PS
One day while I was at the Vacaville airport seeing my friend off a guy
landed his personal jet.  Here comes this unusual arcraft landing in a small
airport which basically serves prop driven planes.

This guy looked to be in his early 20's - and the jet he was flying was a
1960 Russian MIG trainer.  After he landed I went over and took some pics of
the thing (which I cannot find).

The cockpit instrumentation was very limited in terms of what I expected.
He commented that his jet was "extreemly simple and reliable."

We also have an Airforce base near the airport.  No doubt he must make it
very clear who he is when flying near military airspace.  I think he can
also fly over the air base once he hits a certain altitude.  How cool would
it be to have a toy like that!