[Spridgets] [midgetsprite] RE: PerTronix

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at msn.com
Fri Mar 20 16:13:48 MST 2009

Actually, if I remember accurately from a couple of years ago when this subject came up....

Frank was one of the first users of the PerTonix when originated at a time when the factory evidently had quality control issues and the early units produced apparently burned out pre-maturely leaving those using them stranded for no damn good reason.

As I recall (and I could very well be wrong)
Frank reponded accordingly with his normal laid back  "f--k this" and returned to good, ole' reliable  points immediatley!!! :):)

It well could have been a case of "rotor hex"
considering people would open up their spark plug gaps to 0.35 or so after installing the PerTronix (like I first did) which "pulled" more juice from the coil which immediately "fried" some of the sub-standard ign. rotors being produced.

PPP OTOH, always carried the better
constructed ign. rotors and with the installation of one of his, "rotor hex'
could be avoided.

Alernatively, one could simply keep the
plug gap stock. I found I could open the plug gap to about .028 before the inferior rotors would fry.

 CapBob