[Spridgets] Pinky did I foul the plugs by flooding or is it something el...

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:29:21 MST 2009

Yes, I have installed a high output coil in a 72 Midget to replace a
functioning stock coil.  I noticed no difference in performance.  I
live in a moderate to warm clime so maybe cold starting in the Great
White North is improved, but not here.
I put an Accel Supercoil in a classic V8 Mustang, again, no
performance improvement from just the coil.  I was able to increase
the plug gap which may or may not have made the ignition system work
better.
I've put a Pertronix Ignitor in a stock Spridget dizzy.  I've
installed on in a boat motor.  I've put Crane XR-700s in stock
Spridget dizzys.  I've put a Ford electronic ignition systems in a
classic Mustang.  But, I did not really notice a performance increase
over properly sorted out points in either installation.  Not having to
adjust the points is worth the cost of the kits, though, to me.

On a stock 1275, what specific improvements in performance do you see
with a HO coil and why?