[Spridgets] Generator swap

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Mar 1 13:24:39 MST 2009

Jim F. wrote:
> Changing the old generator in favor of an Alternator. Having trouble obtaining
> a Bosch #13107( Ford Fiesta), Locally. Is there a better, more modern, one
> wire Alternator that can be used? does anyone have any suggestions?

That is Ford Festiva, not Fiesta. The Festiva used a very small
Mitsubitchi alternator.
Many will work, the GM alternator works but it's 1/2 the size of the
engine and just looks weird.
Mazda RX7 and lots of other jap car alts will work.
The main concern is the location of the mounting ears, the front
mounting ears need to be 180* across just like the generator ears.
I have used many different junk yard alternators, I doubt I have 2 the
same with 4 or 5 LBCs on the road in the family.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ