[Spridgets] 58 -67 Lap Belts

Richard Ball richb at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 30 14:45:20 MDT 2009

Not necessarily.  I left my GEO Tracker idling out in front of the house
last winter to warm up.  When I came out it had rolled 15 feet into the rear
bumper of my neighbors new Buick.  It cost $1900+ to replace the cracked
bumper.  Nothing on new cars is meant to take any impact.  I can't remember
the source, but I read somewhere that the repair costs of a five mile an
hour impact to the front of an Acura TL cost over $9000.  The bumper covers
deflect back into the hood and fenders, so most of the front clip has to be
replaced.

Rich Ball
'76 Midget
Everett, WA