[Spridgets] OER

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:02:46 MDT 2009

The set up seems to be on the mark. . but nothing to compare it too.  The
car does get up and go. . I can pass just about anything I want around town
driving.  (1275 with Monza exhaust, elec fan, elec fuel pump, high energy
Petronix in a Mallory Dual Point, headers).

However, when the SU's were running top notch. .  it seems that my car was
running as fast even with the stock SU's.  I had a lot of hassle with my
SU's on this car. . . reason I went to the OER which has been fantastic.

My 1960 MGA's SU's ran fine, on the mark and were easy to tune with the
Color Tune.

I might have had worn throttle shafts. .  but shooting carb cleaner in the
area did not raise the engine revs. .  really did not seem to be worn.  I am
just happy that with the OER I can jump in the car and take off with no
hassles.

I am currently having a leak issue with my slave cyl.  Not sure if the bore
is worn or if it is the rebuild kit I put in a year or so ago?  I am buying
another rebuild kit and will see what happens from there.

Taking the top off the top bolt to get to the slave cyl sure made it an easy
task this time to pull the slave cyl out. .  very easy and quick to deal
with!

*I wonder if anyone on the list has an idea as to the life expectancy of the
bore in the slave cyl?  And if anyone has bought the generic brand slave cyl
from Moss, which sells for a good deal less than the brand names*?

Thanks,

Kirk