[Spridgets] OT: Chasing down an electrical gremlin

Chris Manuel cmanuel at wi.rr.com
Mon Jun 22 09:28:21 MDT 2009

Hi all-

My grocery getter (2000 BMW 528iT) has decided to randomly go into "stolen"
mode and set off the factory alarm while in the garage, and more
disturbingly now, as I drive.

We've had 5 inches of rain over the weekend, but it was not driven in it, so
I'm thinking moisture somewhere.  Any recommendations on an electronic
drying spray I can use on the contacts or?   I have a fan on the central
computer/module area to dry it as well, although it wasn't noticeably wet.

TIA

Chris