[Spridgets] MG 2009

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:42:36 MDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 1:57 PM, David Lieb <72spridget at gmail.com> wrote:
The OPEC fuel crunch was used as the justification of our 55MOPH
national limit as well. It was predicated to reduce consumption by a
stupefying 2.5 percent. In actuality, it has since been determined
that it might half save one half of one percent.

Actually, in the real world, you can save a lot more gas if you drive a bit
slower! I just drove over 3,000 miles this month. My last minute trip to Key
West was done at 58 to 62 MPH for the most part since I was in no hurry
either way. My 07 Chebbie HHR got as high as 39.24 MPG and had an overall
average of 35.94 MPG. That included all the city driving, construction
zones, driving rains, and other obstructions to steady highway speeds.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye