[Spridgets] MG 2009

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:06:51 MDT 2009

> Really?  40 years ago I was too young to drive, but 37 years ago, when I
did
> get my license, the highway speed was 60mph up here and after a bit it was
> more common to drive 80.  That wasn't in an LBC though.

35 years ago in 1974 a national speed limit in the US was instituted
that DROPPED the limit to 55mph. I have to believe that the ability to
cruise at speeds higher than that WAS a design parameter as well as a
justification for the ever-increasing engine sizes and diff ratios
used in Spridgets. Is it the best feature of a Spridget? Not really.
But these are versatile little cars and I would hate to be the
limiting factor.
David L