[Spridgets] New Thicko shop automotive past

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Sun Jun 14 06:15:41 MDT 2009

Was that John Fitch of the Fitch Bitch?

-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Wm. Severin Thompson
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 8:35 PM
To: 'Spridgets'; team-thicko at autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] New Thicko shop automotive past

The "new" Thicko shop. well, I'm about 95% done with the move. Having

somewhat of a plan has helped with the organization of the new place. It's

10 miles from my place at Green Lake. not nearly as convenient as 160' away

from the house at the farm, but it's gonna work out just fine. The move was

a monumental undertaking, and my ass is draggin'.

The place has a very interesting automotive history. My landlord, Art

Herschberger, owned Fitch Sprint, Solar Automotive, and the Blakely car

company. and the Thicko shop was the home for all of that. Art was from my

home town of Libertyville, IL, and was friends with friends of our up at

Green Lake back in the 70's.