[Spridgets] Incredible

Ed Townley healeymnster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 07:27:22 MDT 2009

This may relate to how some of those street names came about.
I live so far out in the county, north of Las Cruces, on the East bank of
the Rio Grande, that our road had no name for several years.  when the
Electric Co.  asked us what we would like the name to be, no one could
agree- (amongst 8-10 neigbors on a 3/4 mile road) most popular choice was
"Geronimo's Cave" which can be seen in the Robledo Mountains across the
river. I (as well as a few others) were against that, knowing we would be
inundated with couriosity seekers wanting to find the cave, so--stalemate!
then the Electric Company named the road while we were wrangling.--Ironshoe
Rd.  Ain't no Iron, but there are quite a few Iron Horeshoes around--most
are attached to horses.
Ed Townley
Southern NM, USA