[Spridgets] Ebay

Jay Fishbein jfishbein at snet.net
Thu Jun 4 15:13:42 MDT 2009

I've bought and sold on ebay since Dec 1997.

Had good deals and a few no so good, both as a buyer and as a seller, but all-in-all my experiences have been more than good.

As a buyer, I use the same caution I would use when buying something in person. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean I should not ask questions.

As a seller, I am fair in my descriptions, charge actual shipping and no handling fees. But I do require payment through PayPal. It's easier all around for me. I get my money right away and the transaction is done. I don't have to track payments, wait for checks to clear and so-on. I've required payment through PayPal before it was a requirement.

I will make exceptions and occasionally accept Money Orders, but honestly, it tedious. Some people mail payment within a few days, some don't "get around to it" for a week or so, and some just don't get around to it at all.

I wish the fees were lower but accept them as a cost to sell stuff I couldn't get such a good price anywhere else. If I were to sell it locally, I could use Craigslist which doesn't have as extensive a marketplace, or I could advertise in a paid newspaper which is very limiting.

I've completed a number of transactions and paid by cash but always with the knowledge it was at my own risk. I wouldn't recommend it and I would accept it as a seller.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT
61 Innocenti Spider
63 Sprite