[Spridgets] 69 Brakes fixed.

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 20:46:59 MDT 2009

No juice to the rear wheels was a bad shuttle valve or what ever is in
the brass failure switch.
And of my 2 spares, both had the same problem.
How many Spridgets are running with no rear brakes?
Pedal was hard, air could be blown thru the shuttle but fluid did not
pass the shuttle which did it's job when the brakes failed back in 1977.
I pulled out the plunger, not exactly as the book states with gentle air
pressure since 120 psi didn't move it but when you heat it up and melt
the shuttle seals, it comes out.
No shuttle now and the brakes are fine. I even had a boogered thread on
the union which had a leak, all fixed now.
BTW, it's sold!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ