[Spridgets] Tall Springs

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Wed Jun 3 16:32:40 MDT 2009

There has been recent discussion of rear springs being too high.  I just looked more closely at my BE rolling tub and the front springs (disk conversion) are also really high.  The center of the tub is 9.5" above ground, which seems like too much for the weight of the engine to take up.  I know of one BE that has clamps on the coil springs to bring them down level.  I don't know why this was necessary.

Why would my whole car be too high?  Is there also a significant difference between alternative stock coils?

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Bugeye kit
Long Island, NY