[Spridgets] I think maybe I'll paint all my cars orange now..

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 12:04:03 MDT 2009

As someone who also rides motorcycles a lot I can tell you that the bright
colors may not make any difference. People see what they are looking for no
matter what color it is. Two weeks ago I was in Wichita, KS and saw a car
drive straight into a school bus parked at an intersection. The problem is
with brain dead drivers, not vehicle visibility.

Glad you didn't get hurt. Tough luck on the Mazda

Cheers!!
Jim

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM, David Booker <tncarnut1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Was turning in to my street yesterday afternoon and some woman in an SUV
> decided she wanted to pull out before I was out of the way.  She T-boned
> the
> Mazda in the rear driver side axle and spun me around in the middle of the
> road.  Took out the wheel, rear door, rear qtr. panel, sheet metal
> surrounding
> the door, and the rear bumper.  Wheel also has lots of extra camber dialed
> in
> now.
>
> On the bright side, nobody was hurt.  Just my 6 year old
> meticulously-maintained, near perfect black Protege 5.  Unfortunately, it
> is
> probably not bad enough to total it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed
> anyway.  Maybe day-glo orange will be my choice for all future cars...
>
> No wonder insurance is so expensive in New York.
>
> David Booker
> glad I wasn't in my '71 Midget
> Long Island

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein