[Spridgets] How to piss of a Ferrari Owner

Jay Fishbein jfishbein at snet.net
Mon Jul 27 16:17:00 MDT 2009

Many years ago, (MANY years ago.) I became a member of the Ferrari Club of
America. As a fan of F1 and someone with an appreciation for these fine
automobiles, I thought it would be interesting to get closer to them by
receiving the club publication and attending some events, at Watkins Glen in
particular.

What I found was that many people didn't have much interest in the cars beyond
them being the ticket to enter that little world. Many had no appreciation for
other significant cars that might show at an event (A Gulf Porsche for
example.)

Then there were the Dino 246 owners who installed Ferrari badges on their
cars. For those unfamiliar with Dino 246's, they never carried "Ferrari"
badging.

OTOH, there were many owners that drove their cars, occasionally smashed them
(ever see a P4 crumpled like aluminum foil?), and were knowledgeable and
enthusiastic.

Just my observations.....

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT