[Spridgets] blown frost plug

Greg Higgins g.h.higgins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 08:40:42 MDT 2009

I was driving my sprite the other day on a nice quiet country road, the
weather was prefect, I was thinking to myself the car is running great. Then a
loud bang from under the hood, and some steam. I pulled over, popped the hood,
and saw #2 frost plug was gone. A nice older couple pulled over and drove my
wife and I to the nearest town, and a tow truck.

 A 100 mile tow equals $420.00, a few months before my wife cancelled the
extended coverage with C.A.A., we now have the extended coverage back.

I had removed all of the frost plugs a couple of years ago, the block was
boiled, and the engine was freshened up. I used some automotive silicone on
the new frost plugs. My question, should I install the new frost plug dry, or
try the silicone again?
Thanks for any info

Greg Higgins
63 sprite