[Spridgets] oil for spridgets

mike rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Fri Jul 24 15:26:50 MDT 2009

> lifters.  Does ANY manufacturer list the level of ZDDP in their
> "classic oil" on the bottle?  The whole thing is starting to sound

http://www.classiccarmotoroil.com/properties.html   they list it as
1,600ppm of ZDDP

 and on another page they claim its even better than pre-SM oil, last
item on their FAQ page:

>         CCMO is a much better oil for your engine than a Pre SM Oil.
>         It has a preservative, a balanced package of ZDDP and very
>         high quality viscosity modifiers which are not found in many
>         oils. IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR ENGINE...use CLASSIC CAR MOTOR
>         OIL.

 Pretty bold statements but I know people who use this oil and they seem
sold on it.

 I would try it in my Spridget powered Singer's but they don't run
yet :)   And my Dino would spit out 15w oil faster than I could put it
back in, my Dino has been hanging around British cars too much, it leaks
even more than they do.  I wish they made a 20-50, I would try in my
Dino.

  Mike