[Spridgets] oil for spridgets

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:28:45 MDT 2009

What Brad and Glen said.....

Rotella-T is what the antique bike guys use too.  I still have a few bottles
of ZDDP additive to use up but when they are gone its Rotella-T for the
Midget and the old bikes.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Brad Fornal <tequila.brad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Rotella, because after calling Castrol, and speaking with their
> engineers, they didn't offer anything that had sufficient ZDDP for break
> in.
> Shell did, in their diesel oil line, so I keep gallons of Rotella 15-30 in
> the cabinet. Diesel engines for the big trucks still need as much ZDDP as
> our cars do. Plus, I've never been an "oil snob".
>
> Brad
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Glen Byrns <grbyrns at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>
> > These days I use Rotella-T 15-40.  My understanding is that the ZDDP
> level
> > is still good.  I'd prefer a single weight since I heard that the
> additives
> > that  give the multi-weight properties can add to turbo bearing coking.
>  At
> > this age, I only enjoy coke in cans.
> >
> > Anybody else using Rotella?
> >
> > Glen
> >

> --
> DON JULIO 1942
>
> www.myspace.com/tequilabrad

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein