[Spridgets] Hyper Lube

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 20 18:28:58 MDT 2009

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz at hky.com>
To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net>; "Ron Soave"
<soavero at yahoo.com>; <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hyper Lube

Larry,
I'll see if I can come up with Charles' website address and post it here on
the Spridget list.  It's air-cooled Porsche specific, but, much of the
information is still pertinent to our A series engines.
BTW, Brad Penn also makes oil for "modern" cars, and which conforms to the
dreaded SM spec (half the ZDDP required by our engines) of API.  They (Brad
Penn) are also suppliers of lube oils for industrial applications.

I think I may have mentioned the letter, with break-in instructions that one
of my Triumph buddies got with his special order, Isky cam a few weeks ago.
He gave me a copy of it, this weekend, but I haven't had the time to read
it, yet.  I do, however, remember him telling me that Isky says that flat
tappet engines should NEVER use "full" synthetic oil.........  Sorry to
tease you guys with just a tid bit of unexplained recommendation, from Isky,
but I gotta read the letter before I can give you the full story.  Sorry.
Bud Osbourne