[Spridgets] FW: Racer type question..

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Jul 19 18:32:20 MDT 2009

63ahbj7 wrote:

> I tried silicrap in my Big Healey and Wife's MGB.  I NEVER could get
> the air (suspended) bubbles out with the results being soft pedal all
> around.
I suppose if you don't know how to bleed a system, you WILL have air.
I have been a huge fan of silicone fluid for 14 years now. I put it in
the A40 back in 1997 and I only lost a slave cylinder seal which was
easy enough
to fix in place in about 5 minutes. That was 5 or 6 years ago.
All my Sprites and my kids Sprites have silicone and we have not had any
problems.
I did have a hell of a time with the clutch on the Ladybug bleeding it
but it has been fine once I finally got it.
I did my 67 once and it's been fine. I did my 59 seven years ago and
only changed the juice once but that car is due for a total refresh this
winter.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ