[Spridgets] FW: Racer type question..

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sun Jul 19 07:31:20 MDT 2009

Those are my thoughts as well ,BUT, this is for a '66 XKE and the XKE
guys are dead set against silicone because of the vacuum assist  in
the system, they frequently diagnose power booster failure by the
smoke exiting the exhaust and apparently, when silicone brake fluid
goes through the combustion process they believe it forms silicone
dioxide and it eats the rings/bores very quickly whereas traditional
fluid is partially combusted with no other ill effects.

Lester