[Spridgets] Head switch

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:13:24 MDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:04 AM, David Lieb <72spridget at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I have a 1098 engine  that I am told had a lot of head work by some
> famous
> builder years ago.  Does this switch make any sense?  The 1098 engine has a
> hot cam and maybe some other goodies as well, so maybe it is best to use it
> as-is?

The 1098 head has a considerably larger chamber ( 26.1 or 28.3 cc depending
on which head, vs 21.4 for the 1275) so the switch might leave you with a
rather anemic compression ratio.  Now, if you are supercharging the engine
there might be some advantage.... Otherwise I would say that it makes no
sense.
Hal