[Spridgets] Head switch

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Jul 16 07:43:43 MDT 2009

>From Craig's List:
>1098 block has been replaced with a 1275.  Have the 1275 head but my
>1098 head was re-seated and valved so I had the water ports redrilled
>and run it on the 1275 block.,

I have a 1098 engine  that I am told had a lot of head work by some famous builder years ago.  Does this switch make any sense?  The 1098 engine has a hot cam and maybe some other goodies as well, so maybe it is best to use it as-is?

I just completed the most onerous job known to man - emptying my basement.  The floor is subject to hurricane tides, so I took everything out, put in six 2'x8' shelves against the walls, sorted the BE parts by type (duplicates of duplicates, condition unknown), and put it all back.  I was hoping to get points from my wife, but all I got was, "It's about time!"

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY