[Spridgets] engine questions...

ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net
Mon Jul 6 19:54:32 MDT 2009

i am driving a stock 1275 '74. on the highway i am concerned to push past 4k rpm's for any length of time. I also have a minor oil burn that i attribute to valve guides and recessed core plugs in the head. At some point i will "refresh" the engine not that i know what the hell that actually means but it sounds good. what if anything can be done to improve highway speeds without going to a 3+k 5 speed. i think I am doing about 70 at 4k rpm's i just want to do 80mph for highway driving especially considering MG2009 in toronto and the midget 50th in wisconsin.
thanks
ryan
'74 midget