[Spridgets] rod bearing changeout

ldsp 60bugeye at cebridge.net
Sat Jul 4 21:20:49 MDT 2009

Any suggestions on an "order" to go forward with changing out the rod bearings
with the motor still in the car?  The front seal failure has me concerned that
I had an oil starvation problem and it might have hurt the crank.  So I want
to pull out all of the rod bearing caps and mike all of the journals and if
needed lightly polish the journals and then hopefully I can just install new
bearings and bolt it back together.  Can I pull the caps and push the rods up
in the bore and then mike all the journals at one time?  Then I also want to
check out one of the mains.  There was no knocking or noises BUT the oil
pressure at one point dropped to "0" and then came back up to 10 when idling.
Pressure was around 35 when at RPM.

 I really dont want to have to pull the motor and go through all the bearings
so I am wanting to verify the damage before i go to that step.

Leo