[Spridgets] Shell Gasoline

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Thu Jul 2 14:47:41 MDT 2009

I've been waiting for the subject of gasoline to come up so I could
ask about Shell's "new" gasoline. On various web sites Shell
advertises a gasoline that is "Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline". Shell
announces: "Introducing a new molecule designed to seek and destroy
engine gunk in both conventional and modern engines." Nitrogen?
Nitrogen? How's that work, I wonder? Nitrogen?? the inert gas? Their
web site says.  . .

Nitrogen is a key element of the active cleaning molecule in the new
fuel, making it significantly more stable at higher temperatures
common in modern engines, such as direct fuel-injection gasoline
engines. The increased stability ensures that the molecule can work
under much tougher engine conditions by resisting thermal breakdown
better than conventional cleaning additives.

Hmmmm

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/