[Spridgets] Spridgets & Gasoline

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Thu Jul 2 12:25:52 MDT 2009

Yeah, if your gas is a year old, you can expect some drivability issues.
Remember, when you drive it with new gas in the tank, it will take a few
miles of driving to purge the old fuel out of the pump, lines and float
chambers.
Re: Stabile.  Seems like I remember reading an article, from a credible
source, that the stuff is ineffective.  Personally, I use the stuff that
Briggs & Stratton sells, through their dealers, which has the Briggs &
Stratton name on the container.  If Briggs & Stratton is going to put their
name on it, I am confident that it will work.  It has the added benefit of
being inexpensive, and very easy to use.  I've been using it in all of my
Gravely tractors, MGs and my 356 for several years, now, and I've not had
any fuel system issues at all, except with the 356 which did NOT get
winterized (because I was going to drain the tank & take the sending unit
out for service).  With that one, I did have some "gunk" to clean out of the
system, this spring.
Bud Osbourne