[Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports

cclabaw at juno.com cclabaw at juno.com
Fri Jan 30 11:47:58 MST 2009

Biff -

Try a long stick (broom handle) and a bathroom scale.  I'd guess around
30 pounds.

Clay L.
'67 Sprite

-- "Biff Jones" <biffjones at verizon.net> wrote:
Dick,

I have a pair of pneumatic lifts on my front tilting bugeye steel bonnet.
They work great in that I can open and close it with one hand. I think I
used two 15 or 20 pound tubes.  Another spridgteer tried larger poundage
tubes but his bonnet wouldn't stay closed!  The tubes can be sourced in
different lifts and poundage. Do some searches on the internet.  As to
holding a bonnet up in the standard position I can't even begin to guess
what poundage you will need.

Biff Jones
'Frogarri' '59 Bugeye
'Ole Gray' '61 AH Sprite
http://sprites2.homestead.com/

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
17:57:00
You are subscribed as cclabaw at juno.com

http://www.team.net/archive