[Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports

Herby herby at herbytoys.com
Thu Jan 29 22:27:14 MST 2009

Here are some sites to check for struts. I just went through this trying to
find the right struts to replace the ones on my Dakota's tonneau cover.

http://www.americangasprop.com/servlet/Categories

http://www.indgassprings.com/pages/prod_locking.html

You can get some custom designed on the 2nd site. They even have a lockable
feature.

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - soon on the market)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby at herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com

Dick,

While I haven't tried this yet, I am planning on trying it for my
tilt front bonnet.
I would think that if you got the correct length, like by measuring
the bonnet supports, it would work. Should work if mounted
to the stock brackets.
I would try and pick ones that are for something that has a heavy
back tailgate so they'd handle the weight of the Bugeye bonnet.
I'd still use the prop rod as a back up tho, wouldn't want you to get
eaten by your Bugeye!

HTH, and hope you dig out soon!

Brian S.