[Spridgets] Now it starts

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Thu Jan 29 16:22:43 MST 2009

Thanks for sharing. Always something.

-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Frank Clarici
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:10 PM
To: Spridgets
Subject: [Spridgets] Now it starts

And runs well.
Turned out to be the header was keeping the bottom of the intake from
sealing.
In pulling it off to check to see if I pulled out all the paper towels
keeping dirt out of the engine...
I knew I pulled them out but did I forget one?
Turns out, no, I didn't leave any towels in the holes. But Brian noticed
that there was a paint mark on one hole of the gasket but not the other.
Turns out the intake was rocking on the center header pipe, not so much
the intake but the heat shield.
Some strategic blows with a BFH fixed it right up. It ran long enough to
set the carbs, now it runs well.
I knew it was acting like a major intake leak but the nuts were tight,
the manifold was not damaged, who would have thunk it?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ