[Spridgets] OT - External hard drives

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Thu Jan 22 10:12:09 MST 2009

Interesting, as you said, there are a bunch of drives out there. But
my experience is the opposite. Ihave had several WD,s fail, on both
desktops and servers, but nary a single Seagate. That's over nearly 25
years with drives from a 10 MB (remember when those were 8" platters
and HUGE amounts of space?) to today's terabyte SATA & SAS drives.

Not saying your experiences are wrong, just different.

Larry

Larry Macy, Ph.D
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

"I finally figured out what email is for. It's for communicating with
people you'd rather not talk to." G. Carlin

Sent via iPhone