[Spridgets] Redline Synthetic

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:18:40 MST 2009

I used Redline in my Harley before the motor company, who at first advised
against synthetics came out
with their own brand of synthetic.  (They wanted to bring synthetic users
back in order to keep selling
"Harley oil)."

I have been told by the owner of Redline (the factory is near my town) that
synthetic is basically the same type of oil that we have used for years,
other than it is broken down to an even ten chain molocule structure which
greatly resists breakdown and heat.  And then of course with the high end
products such as Redline or Amsoil, there are all the additives that are
said to go a step beyond the stuff you buy at the auto parts store.

I have been using Rotella with the ZDP (I think it is ZDP) additive.  Does
Redline also include enough of this additive?  I guess so. . . . .

Kirk
59 BE

PS
I have a 948 engine sitting on the side of my house.  It has 68k miles on
it.  Wonder if I should put it on eBay or if there would be any interest in
it?  It turns over, in decent shape - but of course the new owner would most
likely want to re-build it and maybe turn it into a race motor.  I am not
sure as to how I would ship this thing?
I could crate it and ship via Greyhound which I hear is the cheapest way to
go?