[Spridgets] Water pump

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Tue Jan 20 12:26:22 MST 2009

The oil can cope with the higher temps and maybe some engines don't lose
power.  I only know that my dyno guy who does a lot of Minis and Spridgets  told
me about the oil temp related power drop.  He races a Mini and still  wins
even though he is about 68 years old.

What does David Anton at APT say??

I have a 16 row cooler with a thermostat on my road car.

Weslake-Monza

In a message dated 20/01/2009 18:25:33 GMT Standard Time, soavero at yahoo.com
writes:

--- On  Tue, 1/20/09, WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com <WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com>
wrote:

> says once you get much over 85-90C you see a  significant
> power drop  off.

Well then, I'm really glad my  gauge doesn't read Celsius.

I was told 200-230F is ideal with Redline  synthetic, but I'll check
Stapleton's book. I have the 13 row cooler.

Ron