[Spridgets] OT - External hard drives

tinydog at snet.net tinydog at snet.net
Mon Jan 19 12:48:46 MST 2009

tinydog clarified

I don't think I was completely clear in my original email.

I also want am external HD in order to store my data files on an outboard device. In researching it, I see that some offer an option to do true back-up of the internal HD.

DVD is not an attractive option for me for several reasons:
1) I do not have DVD burners on my machines,
2) DVD (or CD's) would be as portable as a plug and play HD,
3) AFAIK, to use as a backup medium would not be a true backup of the internal drive(s).

Thanks to everyone for their input so far. It is very helpful.
 -------------- Original message from WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com: --------------