[Spridgets] No LBC, but car related

Chris King cbking at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Jan 16 21:14:11 MST 2009

Valve stem seals.

I have a Toyota that was doing the same thing. I ignored it (except for
topping up the oil) until it was actually blowing blue smoke. Then I
replaced them, and no more burning. It leaks out the rear main seal, but
that's another story. :) But at 252K, it's probably time to change the
seal.

You should be able to replace the valve stem seals without pulling the
head. The dealer probably will want to pull the head, so if you can do
it yourself you'd be much better off.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/