[Spridgets] Disc brake conversion

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Jan 15 10:01:23 MST 2009

I read somewhere that the entire front suspension below the shocks must be replaced in a drum-to-disc conversion for a BE.  Yet the catalogue shows many of the parts to be the same, and some parts (e.g. coil springs) that are not the same, even though it would seem a priori that they might be.  What are your thoughts on what can go right or wrong with this conversion?  I have a complete spare '70 front end to work with (assuming I can get the @#$% thing apart).

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY