[Spridgets] Fwd: Re: 2011 Sridget Event

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sat Jan 10 11:06:42 MST 2009

>     I'm sure by now you've seen Jim's reply.. Mapquest just to keep
>     people from doing what you said.. .. he didn't want someone from
>     Missouri driving down to texas and up to Pennsylvania and back to
>     Missouri just to get the award... .. RATS! and that's fair..

Obviously I wasn't aware of that, not having been a contender ;-)
I guess Jim knows Barney Gaylord who drove his MGA from Chicago up the
Alaska Highway by way of Texas ;-)

Not sure I think that is the best way to handle it, but I am NOT
volunteering ;-)
However, I don't see a problem with someone taking the scenic route and
logging those miles if they choose. Otherwise, most of us would have no
opportunity to compete. We could do something like the Iron Butt motorcycle
guys do wherein you present dated gas station receipts for stops along the
way and compute the mileage based on those. So I could drive to Elko by way
of the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone and New Jersey's Pine Barrens and
be a contender. Perhaps there should be a separate category for Iron Butt
Spridgeters?
David Lieb