[Spridgets] Save them from the crusher !

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Thu Jan 1 11:35:51 MST 2009

Hello Jim,

     I'm not to terrilby worried about such an action, as long as they
     don't try to make it a mandatory removal of older cars from the
     road. It's almost sure to be a feel good type of action that does
     very little to actually remove cars from the road or the
     collector arena BECAUSE...

     Its almost sure to be written as some sort of a trade in coupon.
     That is, trade in your old car for scrap and get $$$ off on a
     brand new vehicle. The problem is that those who are driving cars
     that are older and NEED to taken off the road are driven by those
     who in no way can afford the ---What's the cheapest new car,
     didn't I just see one for under $10,000, the average being closer
     to $20,000+--- price of new car. let alone the higher insurance
     premiums that go along with new car ownership. Those who own cars
     that are worthy of preserving pretty much know what they have and
     won't be tempted to "cash out". ... and how much would it take to
     make it really tempting? It would have to be in the thousand-S of
     dollars to have any real effect.

     My gut feeling is that IF this proposal becomes law, it will have
     an effect much the same as the GUN trade in laws have worked
     where they have tried that.

     My 2 Cents.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  Can't learn to do it well? Learn to enjoy doing it badly!