[Spridgets] House insulation and some gratuitous LBC content

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 18:56:52 MST 2009

David Booker wrote:
> Probably a good point about the ventilation.  My new house in Tennessee had
> venting all the way around the roof, plus ridge venting.  It definitely has to
> breathe up there, but I think a nice fat layer between the attic/roof space
> and your living area is probably a good idea.

As long as there is enough attic ventilation and the soffits have
prop-a-vents to keep the air flow from being stopped by the insulation,
There is no reason you can not have 2 feet of ceiling insulation. NEVER
insulate the rafters and NEVER block up any vents no matter how cold the
attic is.
I have replaced roof decking from dumb people who insulate the rafters
or block up all the vents.
I have seen so much condensation in attics it looked like it was raining
because the vents were closed up.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ