[Spridgets] A series motor rebuilding books, websites or Magazine articles.

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 18:34:54 MST 2009

Linda Grunthaner wrote:
> OK Frank let me get this lingo down is a 10K rpm a motor that can rev
> to 10K without blowing a gasket? If so what is changed to do that on
> the A series?  Are they special pistons and rings made from better
> metals as well as other parts? Also is the difference between the 948
> & the 1275 the diameter of the cylinder wall and pistons? And are all
> the valve heads the same for the 948, 1098 and the 1275?

A 10k motor is every Spridget person's dream. 9k seems to be about the
most the racers can get without very serious work, rwad EXPENSIVE work.
You will blow more than a gasket at 10,000 rpms, more like blow the
engine apart.
The heads are interchangable between 948s and 1098s but the 1275 has
it's own head.
Yes the bores are the basic difference

--
Frank Clarici