[Spridgets] A series motor rebuilding books, websites or Magazine articles.

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 12:32:53 MST 2009

GUY DAY wrote:
 > This may be a rather radical answer but get ANY engine, get 2 or 3 of them
 > and strip them down and rebuild - doesn't have to be to running standards,
 > it is just to get the feel of spanners, bolt tightness and general handling
 > of mechanical lumps before you start on the 'A ' series.

Excellent advice.  As a kid I tore down an old VW air-cooled engine for fun,
but I never thought of putting it back together, which would have been so
much more educational.

I'd get a trashed 4 cylinder (they're lighter and easier to move around); VW,
Honda, Toyota, whatever you can find on Craigslist for cheap. Heck, you may
find one for free.  And I wouldn't bother "rebuilding" it with new parts.
Just put it together with what you pulled off of (and out of) it.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2