[Spridgets] What went wrong - GM culture

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 26 06:56:36 MST 2009

I'm sure it does!  What, I'm not sure!!  :)  I think that I only have 2?
Joe's Garage and Over-Nite Sensation.  I'm thinking, after hearing 'Peaches
in Regalia' a coupe of times on the radio, that I want Hot Rats also.

As a young lad Rush was my favourite band for awhile.  That was when they
only had one album.  I was disappointed by their second and didn't buy their
third.  All this to say ... I think that their first album is their best.
They also have a tribute album out there somewhere which might be good.
But, that's only my opinion.

I also have "Des F|hrer's face" by Spike Lee and the City Slickers.  I
confess though, that it is before my time.  I bought a compilation CD to
play period music for my parents' 50th.  My father-in-law was telling me at
one time that Spike Lee was known for the odd vocal sounds that he could
make, if I've got that right.

And now, Ron has me very curious about "Brian Jones Presents: The Pipes of
Pan at Jajouka".  It is currently NLA at my favourite online CD supplier.
I'm a Stones music fan and I've become more enamoured with Brian Jones
contributions of late.  12x5 is great.  "Around and Around is my favourite.
audio sample here:
http://www.amazon.com/12-X-5-Rolling-Stones/dp/B00006AW2O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1235655795&sr=8-1

The Stones: "Tattoo You" lives in the boom box by our treadmill, though I
temporarily replaced it with Roxy Music's "Country Life" last night.

Not to incite pre-spring list email extravaganzas, but I read someone's
opinion lately that stated that if you had to be on a deserted island with
only one musician's music, that Ray Charles could be the musician of choice.
  I can't reall wrap my head around only ever being able to listen to one
musician's music for the rest of my life, but Ray Charles wouldn't be a bad
pick!

Now back to your regularly scheduled performance.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad at gmail.com>

Does my having every Frank Zappa domestic release album, from Freak Out, to
You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore (with a few import oddities sprinkled in
as well) count for anything?