[Spridgets] It Runs Again

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 23 21:44:28 MST 2009

I pulled the Bugeye out of the garage today just because it turned out to be
a real nice afternoon when it did not rain like they said it would.  I have
not touched the car since parking it in the garage when I got back from the
50th celebration over six months ago.  I turned the key, pulled the choke
and it fired right up!  Have to hand it to Gerard for building the short
block so well and David Anton for the head work.  It is a sweet 1275.  Drove
around after I gave her a bath and got the standard thumbs up and
appreciative looks.  My first stop was the gas station.  One guy came over
to look at the car and it turns out he has 14 Healeys!  He said he has a
couple of Bugeyes, some 100s, 3000s and a couple of Westlands.  He was
driving a Toyota Camry, so I don't know whether he really owns all those
cars or just wishes he did.  He said he know some of the same Healey people
in the area.  He said Curt Tanner is a good friend of his.  While that is no
endorsement to brag about (another story for another time), he went on and
on about some other people that restore Healeys I know in the area.  Anyway
it was a great drive.  I just kept driving long after it got dark because I
was having so much fun.  I am so glad I own this car.  I have loads of fun
in it and I get to know people like you guys on the list.  I didn't think
about the recession all day!
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2