[Spridgets] More Ebay

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Mon Feb 23 08:52:54 MST 2009

Depending on the catagory, Ebay may or may not permit different payment
methods.  If the item for sale is in a catagory that does not allow
alternate payment methods other than paypal, Ebay can cancel the listing if
you add alternate payment methods to the description.  Currently, it looks
like most items in ebay motors still allow alternate payment methods.
Here's the link:  http://tinyurl.com/ms8tm

Here's the summary:

Payment methods not allowed on eBay:

Sellers can't ask buyers to:

  a.. Mail them cash

  b.. Send cash or money orders through instant cash transfer services
(non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) like Western Union or MoneyGram

  c.. Mail checks or money orders (except for items in categories
specifically permitted above)

  d.. Pay through bank-to-bank transfers (except for items in categories
specifically permitted above)

  e.. Pay by "topping off" of a seller's prepaid credit or debit card

  f.. Payment using online payment methods not specifically permitted in
this policy

  g.. Payment using payment methods not listed in this policy

Dave R.