[Spridgets] What went wrong - GM culture

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 15:49:10 MST 2009

--- On Sun, 2/22/09, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman at gmail.com> wrote:
> vehicle. It seems to me they could all save a lot of money
> by offering one
> pickup, one sedan, one subcompact, and one truck and not
> change anything
> from year to year for about a decade.

Amen. A famous quote about the thought required to simplify and optimize, often attributed to Steinbeck (and several others), went something like this (upon drafting a letter to a friend):

"Sorry this letter is so long, but I didn't have time to write a shorter one."

GM, especially, needs to write a shorter letter.

Ron