[Spridgets] What went wrong - GM culture

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 13:22:39 MST 2009

Bill,

True.  But that was during good (or relatively good) economic times when
consumers could afford to call the tune the industry danced to. Those times
are now gone. If those same industries want to survive today, they had
better get back to the basics. What will save the auto industry in the
gathering storm will be a new VW story. I'm not talking a single platform
here, I'm talking a single entire vehicle. A new Model T story. Few people
are going to be able to afford to be picky. They are going to want solid,
simple, cheap, reliability in the coming world. Look at what happened to the
British and Swedish Auto industry in a Social Democracy big government
environment. Its going to happen in this country next.

Cheers!!
Jim

--
Cheers!!