[Spridgets] What went wrong - GM culture

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 09:27:06 MST 2009

Anybody have any idea of how many different vehicles each American
manufacturer builds? I'm not talking about cosmetic variations of the same
vehicle. It seems to me they could all save a lot of money by offering one
pickup, one sedan, one subcompact, and one truck and not change anything
from year to year for about a decade. Let the aftermarket outfits take care
of customizing the vehicles. Moreover, the list of options for our Chevy PU
takes up about 4 pages!! If they want to stay in business they need to stop
doing stupid stuff like that at least until they are in the black again. 3
engine options, one tranny for each engine, standard wheels, standard
interiors, standard trim package....etc.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM, David Booker <tncarnut1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> They did the exact same thing wth the Allante.  Seems I remember that it
> finally got the Northstar about the time they killed it.  I'm sure there
> are
> numerous examples of this, but the Fiero and the Allante are right up there
> at
> the top of the examples of missed opportunities.
> David Booker
> '71 Midget
> Long Island

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson